Re: FullGraphics with Graphics3D

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg31287] Re: FullGraphics with Graphics3D
  • From: manen at math.uu.nl (Martijn van Manen)
  • Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2001 04:28:38 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

 Jens & everybody else out there,

Though I would be perfectly happy if it did, what you suggest does
not seem to work. If you Show the Graphics obtained from a
Graphics3D object the Axes disappear.  Thus when you then apply
the FullGraphics your Axes are naturally also gone. I came to the
conclusion after trying a snippet such as:

gr = ParametricPlot3D[{s, (1 - t^2), t + s^3}, {s, -1, 1}, {t, -1, 1},
    Axes -> True, AxesLabel -> {"X", "Y", "Z"}];

Show[Graphics[gr]]
(* axes are gone *)
FullGraphics[Graphics[gr]]
(* no axes as well  *)

Maybe you have some other trick that could help me? ( for those
who were wondering, I'm trying to write a very primitive conversion of
Mathematica graphics to MetaPost )

Thanks in advance,

Martijn