Re: Using a Mathematica's function in a C program

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg31268] Re: Using a Mathematica's function in a C program
  • From: Jens-Peer Kuska <kuska at informatik.uni-leipzig.de>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2001 04:28:07 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi,

here is a function that request the numerical evaluation of
n function values of mathFuncSymbol[x1,x2,x3] for a list
{x1,x2,x3,y1,y2,y3,....}

@=:Evaluate: MapNApply[fun_Symbol,l_List]:=Map[N[Apply[fun,#]] &,l]
@>@|

void GetFValuesFromMath(char *mathFuncSymbol,double *f, point3d *p, int
n)
{ double *vptr;
  int i;
  long cnt;

  MLPutFunction(stdlink,"EvaluatePacket",1L);
	 MLPutFunction(stdlink,"MapNApply",2L);
      MLPutSymbol(stdlink,mathFuncSymbol);
      MLPutFunction(stdlink,"List",n);
      for(i=0; i<n; i++)
        MLPutRealList(stdlink,(double *)(p+i),3L);
  while(MLNextPacket(stdlink) !=RETURNPKT)
	 MLNewPacket(stdlink);
  MLGetRealList(stdlink,&vptr,&cnt);
  memcpy(f,vptr,cnt*sizeof(double));
  MLDisownRealList(stdlink,vptr,cnt);
  for(i=0; i<n; i++)
    f[i]-=c;
}

and mathFuncSymbol[] is send to the top level ML function.

Regards
  Jens