polynomials over finite fields
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg31339] polynomials over finite fields
- From: theodore hwa <hwatheod at Stanford.EDU>
- Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2001 02:23:23 -0500 (EST)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
How does one do polynomial arithmetic over finite fields using
Mathematica efficiently? After loading the Algebra`FiniteFields package, I
constructed a few polynomials with finite field coefficients (over the
field of 25 elements), and then tried both Expand and Distribute to
multiply it out, but it was extremely slow. I was only multiplying
something like a 5 term polynomial by a 4 term polynomial, and it was
taking forever. This would not happen with normal polynomials in Mathematica.
Prev by Date:
RE: Does Mathematica do transparent colors?
Next by Date:
Simplifying expressions, and Alpha
Previous by thread:
Integration problem / internal error ?
Next by thread:
Re: polynomials over finite fields