Simplifying expressions, and Alpha
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg31336] Simplifying expressions, and Alpha
- From: msdawy at hotmail.com (Mohamed El Dawy)
- Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2001 02:23:19 -0500 (EST)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
i have 2 problems... i'd be very grateful if anyone could help me..
1. some expressions return very complex expressions (e.g. when u solve
a third degree equation), you get a very complex formula for the
result. i am looking for a way to output the result in a
human-readable format (like 2.3342218) not with many roots, and stuff
like this, how can i do it?
2. how can i find the point on a chi squared distribution where the
CDF will be 0.995?
thank you very much in advance...
Prev by Date:
polynomials over finite fields
Next by Date:
Re: find argument of function inside long result?
Previous by thread:
Re: polynomials over finite fields
Next by thread:
Re: Simplifying expressions, and Alpha