Re: SplineFit - Parametrization ?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg31355] Re: SplineFit - Parametrization ?
  • From: Justus Heimann <Heimann at ism.tu-berlin.de>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2001 04:35:39 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi Allan,

thanks alot for your E-mails and the examples.

I tought the parametrization of the picewise cubics simply was chord
length (just a linear connection of the interpolation points). But as it
seems the picewise cubics are differently parametrized (arc length ?).

Probably it's the only way in my case to Interpolate the SplineFunction
again, and then taking the explicit x-values resp. y-values from the
InterpolationFunction. But since this procedure is somehow long winded
and I have to interpolate quite alot of data, I'll stick to the much
faster, but less precise, Interpolation[...] alone!

Thanks
Justus