Re: SplineFit - Parametrization ?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg31355] Re: SplineFit - Parametrization ?
- From: Justus Heimann <Heimann at ism.tu-berlin.de>
- Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2001 04:35:39 -0500 (EST)
- Organization: Technical University Berlin, Germany
- References: <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Hi Allan, thanks alot for your E-mails and the examples. I tought the parametrization of the picewise cubics simply was chord length (just a linear connection of the interpolation points). But as it seems the picewise cubics are differently parametrized (arc length ?). Probably it's the only way in my case to Interpolate the SplineFunction again, and then taking the explicit x-values resp. y-values from the InterpolationFunction. But since this procedure is somehow long winded and I have to interpolate quite alot of data, I'll stick to the much faster, but less precise, Interpolation[...] alone! Thanks Justus