Re: file association

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg30637] Re: file association
  • From: gah at math.umd.edu (Garry Helzer)
  • Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2001 19:58:18 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

The ftp program Fetch will set 'TEXT' and 'OMEG' as P.J.Hinton suggests.

For years I have had this problem with notebooks my students send in by
e-mail attachment. Although you can use ResEdit, I settled on the solution
of creating an AppleScript droplet. Select all the files you want changed,
drag them to the droplet, and the change is made.

Unfortunately I long ago lost the code. I can try sending the compiled
droplet (how?) to anyone that wants it.

Garry Helzer
Department of Mathematics
University of Maryland