Numbered equations

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg30814] Numbered equations
  • From: Jeffrey Pattavina <ptvn at snet.net>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2001 00:17:04 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I have created a paragraph style that numbers equations and includes the
section number (i.e. 1-1, 1-2 etc) however However When I start a new
section I can not get the numbering to reset to1 for example if I have 3
equations in section 1 (1-1, 1-2, 1-3) the first equation after section
2 is 2-4 instead of 2-1.

How do I reset the numbering after section headings ???

Hereb is the cell format below

Cell[StyleData["EQ_num"],
  PageWidth->PaperWidth,
  CellMargins->{{30, 10}, {8, 8}},
  Evaluatable->False,
  CellFrameLabels->{{None, Cell[
          TextData[ {"(",
            CounterBox[ "Section"], "-",
            CounterBox[ "NumberedEquation"],
            ")"}]]}, {None, None}},
  DefaultFormatType->DefaultInputFormatType,
  HyphenationOptions->{
  "HyphenationCharacter"->"\[Continuation]"},
  LineSpacing->{1, 1},
  FormatType->InputForm,
  ScriptSizeMultipliers->1,
  ScriptMinSize->10,