Mathematica for Statistics?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg30974] Mathematica for Statistics?
  • From: Rodney Sparapani <rsparapa at mcw.edu>
  • Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2001 04:18:53 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I've been trying to find info on Mathematica for Statistics, but I have
come up pretty dry.  The Wolfram web page only seems to talk about
introductory statistics and I haven't located a Mathematica FAQ.  I'm
looking for a package that would be a nice addition to freeware, like R,
that is available for Mac OS 10.1.  I understand that 4.1 runs under
10.1 in Classic mode and Wolfram has promised a free upgrade in the 3rd
quarter (which is RSN).   Specifically, I'd like to be able to do Markov
Chain Monte Carlo (MCMC) simulation and Bayesian symbolic
manipulations.  Any tips would be appreciated.

--
Rodney Sparapani              Medical College of Wisconsin
Sr. Biostatistician           Patient Care & Outcomes Research (PCOR)