- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg33580] minimization algorithms
- From: "Wassim Jalbout" <wj01 at aub.edu.lb>
- Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2002 03:36:27 -0500 (EST)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
When I use mathematica to minimize a function of 12 unknowns subject to
several constraints, things either don't work out ... or it takes too
I have heard of some algorithms by a company called NAG based in the UK,
and it seems that they will perform quite complicated minimizations.
Does anyone know if there are such algorithms (besides mathematica)
available to download from the web for free? (by NAG or any other
Prev by Date:
how to plot 2 functions in different colors?
Next by Date:
Re: UNIX version vs Mac/Win/Linux version
Previous by thread:
RE: how to plot 2 functions in different colors?
Next by thread:
RE: minimization algorithms