RE: minimization algorithms
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg33608] RE: [mg33580] minimization algorithms
- From: David.Annetts at csiro.au
- Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2002 01:13:46 -0500 (EST)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Hi Wassim, > When I use mathematica to minimize a function of 12 unknowns > subject to > several constraints, things either don't work out ... or it takes too > much time. > > I have heard of some algorithms by a company called NAG based > in the UK, > and it seems that they will perform quite complicated minimizations. > > Does anyone know if there are such algorithms (besides mathematica) > available to download from the web for free? (by NAG or any other > company)... Why not just search for "optimisation software on www.google.com? That yeilds around 123000 entries? Regards, Dave.