Re: minimization algorithms
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg33597] Re: minimization algorithms
- From: "Michal Kvasnicka" <mkvasnicka at volny.cz>
- Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2002 01:13:19 -0500 (EST)
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
See the following pages:
"Wassim Jalbout" <wj01 at aub.edu.lb> pí¹e v diskusním pøíspìvku
news:a8bqi0$3ha$1 at smc.vnet.net...
> Dear all,
> When I use mathematica to minimize a function of 12 unknowns subject to
> several constraints, things either don't work out ... or it takes too
> much time.
> I have heard of some algorithms by a company called NAG based in the UK,
> and it seems that they will perform quite complicated minimizations.
> Does anyone know if there are such algorithms (besides mathematica)
> available to download from the web for free? (by NAG or any other
Prev by Date:
Re: how to plot 2 functions in different colors?
Next by Date:
QA Testing - Examples? Docs?
Previous by thread:
RE: minimization algorithms
Next by thread:
Re: [Q] Plotting Inequalities