RE: ListContourPlot3D

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg33662] RE: [mg33654] ListContourPlot3D
  • From: David.Annetts at csiro.au
  • Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2002 01:30:33 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi Jun,

> Is there any easy way to create a 3D surface by means of
> ListContourPlot3D? The data file includes 101x101x101 numbers. My
> machine is dead in the middle way. Should I decrease the numbers of
> data? Or there is some simple way to do the job. Any help will be very
> appreciated!

ListContourPlot3D will do the job of creating an isosurface in your volume
with the proviso that your machine has enough speed & RAM.  That's a pretty
large volume you have, and anything at all you can do to decimate your data
will help considerably.

Another suggestion is to interpolate (Interpolation[...]) your data and use
ContoutPlot3D[..., PlotPoints->{3, 3}].

Regards,

Dave.
  Dr. David Annetts             EM Modelling Analyst
  Tel: (+612) 9490 5416         CSIRO DEM, North Ryde
  Fax: (+612) 9490 5467         David.Annetts at csiro.au
                 Include "usual_disclaimers"