function assignment to list of functions

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg33720] function assignment to list of functions
  • From: "Mark Morrissey" <mmorriss at sbcglobal.net>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Apr 2002 03:05:08 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi Folks - I have an alternative form of the set Hermite polynomials I'd
like to use.  They are defined differently than the mathematica function
HermiteH.  Unfortunately, the recursive generating function takes way
too long.  I can generate a list of these functions using the different
order derrivatives of the gaussian PDF (that's how they're defined):

But I don't seem to be able to assign each function to H[x_,i_]:=
where i is the index from 0 to the number of functions in the list.

Any ideas??

Thanks in advance.

Regards - Mark
Mark Morrissey