Re: Symbols using Prolog

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg33709] Re: Symbols using Prolog
  • From: "David Robinson" <drobin at>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2002 01:02:56 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

My thanks to David and Bob for their responses.  I was aware of the previous
disscusion, but wasn't clear to me was that, even if I was not stictly doing
multiple plots, I still needed to use the MultipleListPlot command. Everything
works great now.  Dave

David Robinson wrote:

> Excuse a question from a beginner.
> There has been some discussion about using graphics primatives to show
> symbols on plots.  However, it wasn't clear from the discussion how to
> change the symbol using the Prolog option within, for example ListPlot.
> ListPlot[list , PlotRange->{0.,1.0} , AxesOrigin->{0,0.0} ,
> Prolog->{.....?....}]
> Any one have any insights out there?
> Dave Robinson
> --
> Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future.
>                                                    -- Neils Bohr

David G. Robinson, PhD          E: drobin at
Risk and Reliability Analysis   O: 505-844-5883
Sandia National Laboratories    F: 505-844-2829
PO Box 5800 MS 0748
Albuquerque, NM 87185-0748