Re: Bayesian?

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg33736] Re: Bayesian?
  • From: Rodney Sparapani <rsparapa at>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2002 00:49:24 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

I have been using mathStatica.  It is a Mathematica library for
statistics.  I haven't gotten into to it far enough to tell you if it
can do Bayesian calculations.  But, what you wrote is just
a conditional probability and not Bayesian per se.  I'm sure that
you could perform conditional probability calculations with it.
Check it out @

rlsmith at wrote:

> Anyone using Mathematica to work on Bayisian probability?
> Has anyone developed the Bayesian notation, P(H|A, B,C) etc. for
> Mathematica?

Rodney Sparapani              Medical College of Wisconsin
Sr. Biostatistician           Patient Care & Outcomes Research (PCOR)
rsparapa at
Was 'Name That Tune' rigged?  WWLD -- What Would Lombardi Do