Subscript[x, y] and the Symbol x
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg33770] Subscript[x, y] and the Symbol x
- From: "Curt Fischer" <cfisher at bio.titech.ac.jp>
- Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2002 02:15:08 -0400 (EDT)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
The Subscript function in Mathematica has no built-in meaning. What
definition can I give this function to allow me to use Subscript[x,y] as
a "stand-alone" symbol that is completely distinct from the Symbol x or
the Symbol y? For example:
\!\(f[x_, y_] := x\_y\ + \ x + y\)
This is exactly what I don't want. Instead I want
Plus[4,Subscript[x,y]]. Is there a way to do this?
Thanks for your help.
Tokyo Institute of Technology
Dept. of Bioengineering
Prev by Date:
Re: Screenshot of Mathematica on SGI IRIX
Next by Date:
Re: How to Return from within a Table-Command?
Previous by thread:
Re: Memory problems
Next by thread:
RE: Subscript[x, y] and the Symbol x