Question from newbabie
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg33831] Question from newbabie
- From: Hiu Chung Law <antispam at antispam.org>
- Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2002 02:28:09 -0400 (EDT)
- Organization: Michigan State University
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Hi... I am new to Mathematica, so please forgive me if this question is naive. Can you tell me how can I do the following? Differentiate the log likelihood for multi-variate Gaussian with respect to the covariance matrix, and then solve the log-likelihood equation.. I know how to do that manually, but I would like to learn how to do that in Mathematica. Thank you.