Drawing a Glass Cylinder?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg33859] Drawing a Glass Cylinder?
- From: aes <siegman at stanford.edu>
- Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2002 02:49:49 -0400 (EDT)
- Organization: Stanford University
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
I want to make a nice-looking graphic that's essentially a 3D view of a darker
colored glass rod that's located inside (and visible through) a thick-walled
transparent glass tube, with the ends of the inner rod protruding somewhat from
the ends of the tube. (In fact, these are the core and cladding of an optical
I can gin up something that's minimally acceptable using ParametricPlot to draw
cylinders and end walls, but it's very wire-framey and the outer cylinder is not
transparent; but I want something that's graphically better..
Any suggestions? Points on where should I look to learn how to draw transparent
objects, e.g. glass cylinders with stuff inside them?
Prev by Date:
How Do You Reduce Multiple Elements in a List?
Next by Date:
Previous by thread:
RE: How Do You Reduce Multiple Elements in a List?
Next by thread:
RE: Drawing a Glass Cylinder?