Re: Specify a variable
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg33913] Re: Specify a variable
- From: Jens-Peer Kuska <kuska at informatik.uni-leipzig.de>
- Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2002 07:13:23 -0400 (EDT)
- Organization: Universitaet Leipzig
- References: <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: kuska at informatik.uni-leipzig.de
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Mathematica has not data types, it use patterns.
A floating point argument is the restricted pattern:
and a pattern for a matrix is restricted by:
YourMatrixFunction[m_?MatrixQ]:=some othe code
Guojun Zhu wrote:
> Can I indicate a variable's type, a function, a real number, a matrix or
> a complex number?
> Can I specify it in functions such as D, Integrate?
Prev by Date:
Why these graphs differ?
Next by Date:
Re: how to make and paint an interpolation of two variables
Previous by thread:
Specify a variable
Next by thread:
numerical methods for PDE