Mathematica Link for Excel - Problems in starting the link

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg33934] Mathematica Link for Excel - Problems in starting the link
  • From: "news.bellatlantic.net" <vze3f67w at verizon.net>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2002 07:14:32 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi,

I am facing the problem in starting the link to math kernel from within
Excel.

Specifically, when I get the message "link failed to open" when I click
Launch button in the 'Start Mathematica Link' dialog box. I have tried using
Multilink too so that I am able to access the kernel from Mathematica and
Excel simultaneously but I still get the same message.

I am currently using Mathematica 4.0 and Excel 2002 (Excel XP). The programs
Mathematica and Excel otherwise appear to work fine. I am using Windows XP
home edition on Dell 8100 laptop. I have used the Mathematica Link for MS
Excel for Excel 2000 in my installation as there were no specific files for
Excel 2002. Given that I was able to successfully add the menus within excel
I think the addin should work fine but it does not?

All help would be sincerely appreciated.

Sincerely,

Tahir Sheikh.

PS: Is it that