Re: Linking mathematica with VC++6.0

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg33944] Re: [mg33919] Linking mathematica with VC++6.0
  • From: "P.J. Hinton" <paulh at>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2002 01:21:54 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

On Tue, 23 Apr 2002, Himan wrote:

> I would Like to know How could I use mathlink.h in my VC compiler .
> Please forward me your guidelines or site address where could I become
> familiar with linking between mathematica and VC in details.

Detailed information on building Windows MathLink programs on Visual C++
and other compilers is provided with the MathLink Developer's Kit.  Look
for a Mathematica notebook file named DeveloperGuide.nb.

If the kit was installed as part of your copy of Mathematica, you will
find it in the directory:

which is relative to the top level directory of the Mathematica
installation tree.  If you are unsure of the path to that directory, you
may evaluate the following expression in a notebook:

P.J. Hinton
User Interface Programmer                         paulh at
Wolfram Research, Inc.