Re: 3D contour through a point

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg34025] Re: 3D contour through a point
  • From: "Allan Hayes" <hay at>
  • Date: Sat, 27 Apr 2002 00:56:28 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

I use ContourPlot for convenience:

        ContourShading->False ]

The above gives ContourGraphics object that does not contin the contour
lines explicitely - they areconstructed for each display.
Convert to a Graphics object that does contain the lines.

Delete lines that do not contain a point close enough to {.6,.2}

We can extract the line

This technique could stand some refinement, and, if you wish to work
interactively you could extract all the contour lines:

and pick the one you want by inspection.

Allan Hayes
Mathematica Training and Consulting
Leicester UK
hay at