remote kernel on Mac OS-X

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg35843] remote kernel on Mac OS-X
  • From: Daniel Reeves <dreeves at mynah.eecs.umich.edu>
  • Date: Sat, 3 Aug 2002 00:16:34 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Mathgroupies:  hoping one of you can help with the following:
"I've got a Mathematica question from one of the students working
on Macintosh OS-X support.  He's trying to run the kernel on
one OS-X machine and display on another, but he can't get it to
work.  Do you know much about how this is done?  Both machines
will run it "standalone" ok, but when he tries to launch a remote
kernel, it basically just exits immediately.  Running "top" on
both machines indicates that it briefly starts and then dies.
If you have any ideas at all, we'd really appreciate it.
I thought that if anyone here might know, it would be you."

Daniel Reeves               http://ai.eecs.umich.edu/people/dreeves/

"In this house we obey the laws of thermodynamics!" -- Homer Simpson