Re: PDF and postscript

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg35860] Re: [mg35831] PDF and postscript
  • From: Ken Levasseur <Kenneth_Levasseur at uml.edu>
  • Date: Sun, 4 Aug 2002 06:00:14 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Mike wrote:

> Over the years I've never had any success printing notebooks to PDF when
> using acrobat. The documents never look like they do in the notebook due
> apparently to several screwy font substitutions. I've never figured out how
> to correct this.

Mike:

I had the same problem with Acrobat until I started selecting "Embed All Fonts"
when I printed to a pdf.  Since then I've had lots of students read documents
on various systems without a problem.  I'm using Acorbat with Mac OS 9.0.4.
I"ve been doing the same with OS X too, but not for long; so I can't say for
sure that it works as well.

Ken Levasseur
UMass Lowell