RE: RE: RE: RE: Installing package "SpreadOption`"

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg35864] RE: [mg35852] RE: [mg35826] RE: [mg35699] RE: [mg35673] Installing package "SpreadOption`"
  • From: "David Park" <djmp at earthlink.net>
  • Date: Sun, 4 Aug 2002 06:00:21 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi Bobby,

Where does one get PowerDesk? Does it work with Windows 98?

One of the problems that has to be faced is: Can all users unzip the file in
the proper way? Almost everyone can unzip files. How many can unzip them
when they have special features. If I am going to make a package available,
I want it available in a format that EVERYBODY can use.

What is the best way to do that?

David Park
djmp at earthlink.net
http://home.earthlink.net/~djmp/

From: DrBob [mailto:majort at cox-internet.com]
To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net

Depending on what Zip utility you're using, yes, you can save the file
structure.  I can do this with PowerDesk, and I used to do it with PKZIP
and LHARC.  You'd use "relative paths" to save the DrawGraphics
directory, for instance, which (if I'm understanding the instructions
below) would contain FrontEnd\Palettes, FrontEnd\StyleSheets and
English\Documentation.  Then you'd unzip that file into the Applications
folder.  When you unzip, there's again an option... to keep or discard
paths.  You'd keep them, of course.

Bobby