Re: How to simulate the Doppler Effect ?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg35869] Re: How to simulate the Doppler Effect ?
  • From: "Borut L" <gollum at email.si>
  • Date: Sun, 4 Aug 2002 06:00:38 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi again Bryan,

My saying Mathematica being uneffective in simulations and all was not meant
precisely as said, explaining is needed, tough I won't delve in it now.

For the sake of "simulating" Dopplet efect, i.e. building an animation, just
follow my previous example :

Module[
  {
    x2 = 10,
    dx = .5,
    mach = 1.5
    },
  Show[
        Graphics[
          {
            Table[Circle[{i, 0}, 1/mach (# - i)], {i, 0, #, dx}]
            }
          ]
        , PlotRange -> {{-x2, x2}, {-x2, x2}}
        , AspectRatio -> Automatic