Numerical Integration in Two Dimensions

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg38142] Numerical Integration in Two Dimensions
  • From: Goyder Dr HGD <H.Goyder at rmcs.cranfield.ac.uk>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2002 04:35:25 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Dear Mathgroup,

I want to integrate a function over a region. I can divide the region into
triangles and integrate over each triangle. Thus I need a module that does

NTriangleIntegrate[f[x,y],{x,y},{{x1,y1},{x2,y2},{x3,y3}}]

The function may not be defined outside the triangle. Presumably the
approach is to transform the coordinates so that the new coordinate system
is parallel to one edge (longest?, shortest?) and then integrate over limits
that taper towards an apex.

Does someone have a good module (fast, accurate) to do this by this means or
any other?

Thanks in advance

Hugh Goyder