Re: Re: copying cells in Mathematica 4.2

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg38116] Re: [mg38066] Re: copying cells in Mathematica 4.2
  • From: christopherpurcell <christopherpurcell at mac.com>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2002 04:33:02 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

There is no hint of this trouble using
$Version
"4.2 for Mac OS X (August 22, 2002)" on Mac OS 10.2.2.

If you start Mathematica with the Shift key held down it will reset all
the Options in the Preferences to their default values and this might
be worth trying.

> As a follow up on this issue:
> I reinstalled Mathematica 4.1 for Mac OS X and found that I still have
> this problem. On the other hand Allan Hayes informed me that he did
> not have it on Mathematica 4.2 under Windows 98. I then tried it
> myself, with Mathematica 4.1 under Windows 98, and indeed I found I
> can copy and paste groups of cells and the cell structure is
> preserved. They do not get merged into a single cell with all the
> Mathematica markup visible as they do in my case under Mac OS X 10.2.
> I would like to know if other Mac OS X users have the same problem. If
> not, it may be caused by something weird in my installation, although
> it seems unlikely as I am not experiencing any other problems. I have
> not yet tried reporting this to Technical Support yet since I am not
> sure if other Mac OS X users are also experiencing the same behaviour,
> but if it is a bug it's an awful one.

Christopher Purcell
DRDC-Atlantic, 9 Grove St., PO Box 1012,
Dartmouth, NS Canada B2Y 3Z7
Tel: 902-426-3100-x389
Fax: 902-426-9654
chris.purcell at drdc-rddc.gc.ca