Inverse NxM matrices

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg38171] Inverse NxM matrices
  • From: "David R. Hardoon" <davidh at nospam.cs.rhul.ac.uk>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2002 03:24:59 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hello,

Now I know from what all I have been reading that it is
impossible (just about) to inverse a NxM matrix. but ..
I need to simplify this equation but Rx is a NxM matrix
and Ky is singular (but can be decomposed to RyRy' if needed)

RxRx'Ky \beta - \delta RxRx'RxR' \alpha = 0

is there anyway expressing \beta or \alpha?

please help if possible.
David,

p.s.
to reply back remove the nospam from my email address