crashing Mathematica 4

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg38423] crashing Mathematica 4
  • From: Toio <morandi at lamel.bo.cnr.it>
  • Date: Sat, 14 Dec 2002 03:20:25 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi everybody,
I have the following problem with Mathematica 4,
I have upgraded my Linux System from a Mandrake 7.2 to a Mandrake 8.2,
now the mathkernel works without problems, and I can also plotting graphs,
but when I launch the GUI it crashes every time I try to start the kernel,
and i get the error message

"Mathematica has received the signal: SIGSEGV and has exited.
If possible, please report this problem to support at wolfram.com
describing in in as much detail as possible what you were doing
when the problem occurred.
Segmentation fault"

the only solution I've found on the Wolfram web-site is to contact the support,

can someone help me ??

thanks

Toio

*        Vittorio Morandi         *