Re: SetComplexClass for J/Link

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg38432] Re: [mg38349] SetComplexClass for J/Link
  • From: Todd Gayley <tgayley at wolfram.com>
  • Date: Sat, 14 Dec 2002 03:21:07 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

At 12:37 AM 12/12/02, Mark McClure wrote:
>As I understand it, I can write a Complex java class with a public constructor
>method of the form:
>
>    public Complex(double Re, double Im)
>
>and mehtods re() and im() of the form:
>
>    public double re();
>    public double im();
>If I place this class file in a directory on the JavaClassPath and execute
>SetComplexPath["Complex"], I should then be able to pass complex numbers from
>Mathematica to any java method accepting objects of type Complex.
>
>Has anyone had any luck with this?  I haven't been able to get it to work in
>Mac OS 9 or Mac OS X.

Mark,

This should work as you describe. I have no trouble with it on any OS,
including Mac OS 9 and OS X.

What happens when you try it? What error messages do you see? What does
your complex number class look like? I suggest that you send this query,
including the answers to these questions, to jlink at wolfram.com. To resolve
your problem we may need to go into more detail than would be of general
interest to the mathgroup.

Todd Gayley
Wolfram Research