Integration bug

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg38474] Integration bug
  • From: "Dana DeLouis" <delouis at bellsouth.net>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2002 01:54:25 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I am new to Mathematica also, but I seem to recall a bug in the use of
the variable ?d" before also.  This was the first thing I thought of.
Changing ?d" to something like ?z? gives the answer of Pi.

Removeall

All Global` variables Removed!

$Version

4.2 for Microsoft Windows (June 5, 2002)

Integrate[Sin[z + x]/(z + x), {x, -Infinity, Infinity}]

Pi

Integrate[Sin[d + x]/(d + x), {x, -Infinity, Infinity}]

0

(Note: Removeall is my own function that removes all global variables
and is included to show that all variables are cleared.)

Dana DeLouis
Windows XP
$VersionNumber -> 4.2

news:at4cv9$eta$1 at smc.vnet.net...