Gridlines in contour Plots

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg38473] Gridlines in contour Plots
  • From: Ross Sean Civ AFRL/DELO <Sean.Ross at kirtland.af.mil>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2002 01:54:21 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I noticed that there are no Gridlines option in Contour graphics.  I am kind
of partial to Gridlines because it makes graphs a lot easier to read and get
numbers from in hard copy.  I decided to piggyback off of the automatic
gridlines option in other 2-D graphics.   I also added an optional color
that the normal Gridlines option doesn't have.     To use it, just put

Epilog->gridlinestogo[{xlow,xhigh},{ylow,yhigh},optionalcolor] in your
contour graphics plot.

Clear[gridlinestogo];

gridlinestogo[{xlow_,xhigh_},{ylow_,yhigh_},color_:RGBColor[0.,0.,0.5]]:=Mod
ule[{o,g,r},

o=AbsoluteOptions[
Plot[ (ylow xhigh - yhigh xlow )/(xhigh-xlow)+
(yhigh-ylow)/(xhigh-xlow) x,
{x,xlow,xhigh},
Frame->True,
GridLines->Automatic,