Eigenvector continued

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg32684] Eigenvector continued
  • From: "Johannes Ludsteck" <johannes.ludsteck at wiwi.uni-regensburg.de>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2002 03:41:40 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Dear Mathgroup members,
please excuse the confusion in my first help request
regarding Eigenvectors. Sometimes it is better to have
a look at a book before sending questions.

Now I know that Mathematica obtains eigenvectors
by applying the constraint Plus@@(e^2) == 1 for every
eigenvector e. Thus getting a eigenvector e with
eigenvalue 1 and constraint
Plus @@ e == 1
is simply a linear programming problem. Since
the rows of the matrix m sum to 1, I can replace
any one equation by the constraint Plus @@ e == 1.

Again sorry for bothering you with 'private lesson'
problems.

Best regards,
	Johannes Ludsteck

Johannes Ludsteck