Re: Suppressing Print

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg32679] Re: [mg32665] Suppressing Print
  • From: Ken Levasseur <Kenneth_Levasseur at uml.edu>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2002 03:41:32 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Aaron:

I think that one of the most common ways to handle this is to give your
functions an option.   For example you could call it Verbose.
Depending on whether you do or don't print in most cases, you would set
Options[YourFunction]={Verbose->(True or False)}.  If the default is True
you would evaluate the functions in the loops with Verbose->False.  Are
you familiar with programming options into a function?

Ken Levasseur
Math. Sci.
UMass Lowell