Re: SSH and Remote Math Kernels
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg32722] Re: [mg32683] SSH and Remote Math Kernels
- From: "P.J. Hinton" <paulh at wolfram.com>
- Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2002 05:10:12 -0500 (EST)
- Organization: "Wolfram Research, Inc."
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
On Wed, 6 Feb 2002, Eric Brown wrote: > Could someone enlighten me on how to link (start up) a remote kernel > with the ssh protocol? I run into a problem in that my password is required > to log in to the remote machine... It is possible to set up a remote kernel over an SSH forwarded port, but to the best of my knowledge, it must be done manually if one is to supply a password every time an SSH command is invoked. Some instructions on how to do this have been posted to this forum before. http://library.wolfram.com/mathgroup/archive/1999/Nov/msg00265.html -- P.J. Hinton User Interface Programmer paulh at wolfram.com Wolfram Research, Inc. Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are those of the author alone.