Re: SSH and Remote Math Kernels

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg32722] Re: [mg32683] SSH and Remote Math Kernels
  • From: "P.J. Hinton" <paulh at>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2002 05:10:12 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

On Wed, 6 Feb 2002, Eric Brown wrote:

>     Could someone enlighten me on how to link (start up) a remote kernel
> with the ssh protocol? I run into a problem in that my password is required
> to log in to the remote machine...

It is possible to set up a remote kernel over an SSH forwarded port, but
to the best of my knowledge, it must be done manually if one is to supply
a password every time an SSH command is invoked.  Some instructions on how
to do this have been posted to this forum before.

P.J. Hinton
User Interface Programmer                         paulh at
Wolfram Research, Inc.