Re: SSH and Remote Math Kernels

On Wed, 6 Feb 2002, Eric Brown wrote:

>     Could someone enlighten me on how to link (start up) a remote kernel
> with the ssh protocol? I run into a problem in that my password is required
> to log in to the remote machine...

It is possible to set up a remote kernel over an SSH forwarded port, but
to the best of my knowledge, it must be done manually if one is to supply
a password every time an SSH command is invoked.  Some instructions on how
to do this have been posted to this forum before.

http://library.wolfram.com/mathgroup/archive/1999/Nov/msg00265.html

--
P.J. Hinton
User Interface Programmer                         paulh at wolfram.com