Re: SSH and Remote Math Kernels

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg32722] Re: [mg32683] SSH and Remote Math Kernels
  • From: "P.J. Hinton" <paulh at wolfram.com>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2002 05:10:12 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

On Wed, 6 Feb 2002, Eric Brown wrote:

>     Could someone enlighten me on how to link (start up) a remote kernel
> with the ssh protocol? I run into a problem in that my password is required
> to log in to the remote machine...

It is possible to set up a remote kernel over an SSH forwarded port, but
to the best of my knowledge, it must be done manually if one is to supply
a password every time an SSH command is invoked.  Some instructions on how
to do this have been posted to this forum before.

http://library.wolfram.com/mathgroup/archive/1999/Nov/msg00265.html

--
P.J. Hinton
User Interface Programmer                         paulh at wolfram.com