Re: Add a line to the top of a comma delimited file?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg32800] Re: Add a line to the top of a comma delimited file?
- From: "Avraham Shinnar" <as1619 at columbia.edu>
- Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2002 06:23:57 -0500 (EST)
- Organization: Columbia University
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
"\n" is an escape sequence that represents the newline character. - Avraham "1.156" <rob at piovere.com> wrote in message news:a404hv$bqa$1 at smc.vnet.net... > Albert, I just tried it and it sure looks good to me. I'm still trying > to figure out the full significance of that /n. > > So thank you very much for your suggestion. I had some help from > another source which also solved the problem. His solution was > a bit more involved but I think he was trying to teach me something > about how Mathematica works. > > Again many thanks for such a simple solution. > > Regards, Rob > > Albert Retey wrote: > > > Hi, > > > > Why not just > > > > WriteString[outfile,"PLINE\n"] > > > > right after your call of OpenWrite ? > > > > hope that helps > > > > Albert > >