Generate expression from result

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg32799] Generate expression from result
  • From: "Johannes Ludsteck" <johannes.ludsteck at>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2002 06:23:55 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

Dear Mathgroup Members,
I obtain the vector {x1,x2} as solution to a
(rather complicated) equation system

Of course, the xi are functions of {a1,a2}.

Since I use the xi later on for complex operations,
it would be of gread help if the arguments ai appeared
in the vector {x1,x2}.
Therefore I defined

(I need "=" here instead of ":=", since f[] is called
often and the LinearSolve[] command uses some time,
since the vectors {x1,x2} and {a1,a2} are only
examples and can have dimension 10 to 20 in my application.

Up to now the solution works well, but I am bothering
whether this construction could generate modularity or
naming problems, since the Assignment
appears in a Module where {a1,a2} are defined as local variables.

Can anybody clear things?

Best regards,

Johannes Ludsteck
Institut fuer Volkswirtschaftslehre