Re: Stumped again on a simple list

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg32823] Re: [mg32795] Stumped again on a simple list
  • From: Tomas Garza <tgarza01 at>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2002 01:43:45 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

A few ways come to mind at once. Surely there are many more.

ii = Table[z, {z, 50, 1400, 5}];
jj = (If[#1 < 100, 50, 200] & ) /@ ii;
jj = ii /. (z_)?NumberQ -> If[z < 100, 50, 200];
jj = Cases[ii, (z_)?NumberQ -> If[z < 100, 50, 200]];

The best one depends, of course, on what exactly you want to do.

Tomas Garza
Mexico City