Stumped again on a simple list

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg32795] Stumped again on a simple list
  • From: "1.156" <rob at piovere.com>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2002 06:23:48 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Greetings cypherers all,

I make a simple list ii and I find I can make other lists easily by algebraic moves like
jj=ii/2, etc.  But when I want make a new list which splits two different formula, I'm stumped.

Here's a stripped down version to illustrate my problem.  I want to use the value in the original
array to determine how to make the new array.  The If[] is the only thing I can find to make
this decision.  But, it seems I'm not even close when I try:

ii=Table[z,{z,50,1400,5}];

jj=If[ii<100,50,200]

I've looked around a good bit but have not stumbled into any topic that appears to bear on this problem.

Can I please ask a kind soul to (again) point me in the right direction?

Thanks, Rob