A Learning TableForm Problem

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg32838] A Learning TableForm Problem
  • From: "Carlos" <k9zm at>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2002 02:49:35 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

I need to know why this isn't working for me.  The example I am given is:
Find an estimate for the zero of the Polynomial.  f(x)=x^3-4x^2-2x+8

On a graph the estimated zero is between (1,2)   and it asks us to divide
the interval into tenths

The > is as close as I can get to a right arrow sign

The example I have shows a table  with 2 columns and appropriate numbers,
but I cannot get this to display on Mathematica for me.  Any ideas?