RE: A Learning TableForm Problem

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg32858] RE: [mg32838] A Learning TableForm Problem
  • From: "Florian Jaccard" <jaccardf at eicn.ch>
  • Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2002 04:35:14 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hello Carlos !

What you did is almost correct.

In[1]:=
f[x_] := x^3 - 4*x^2 - 2*x + 8;

In[2]:=
TableForm[Table[{i,f[i]},{i,1,2,0.1}],TableHeadings->{{},{"x","f(x)"}}]

Maybe you should first enter f[x] and then use TableForm, like I did above.
It works very good !

To make the right arrow, first type " - ", then " > " !

N.B. If you want to find a numrical approximation for the zero, use FindRoot
! It is very reliable if you use it in combination with a graph !

Meilleures salutations

Florian Jaccard
EICN-HES