Re: Very urgent problem...PLEASE help me!

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg32869] Re: [mg32855] Very urgent problem...PLEASE help me!
  • From: Tomas Garza <tgarza01 at>
  • Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2002 04:35:28 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

I usually try to stay out of homework problems, so I hope this is not the
case with you.
The solution to your system is straightforward. Try this:

sol = Solve[eqn, {y1[t], y2[t], y3[t], y4[t]}]

A longish expression appears in terms of Sin[w t}, Cos[w t] and Csc[w t],
but you also have this strange Y0[2 w t] inside. The value of Y3[t] is
sol[[1, 3, 2]], which you may now plot (substitute z = w t and plot between
z = 0 and z  = 4 Pi) making Y0[2 w t] = some constant, e.g. 1. You may also
use Simplify to get a slightly simpler expression. The plot is rather ugly,
with a lot of singularities. I hope I'm interpreting your problem correctly.

Tomas Garza
Mexico City