Mathematica 4.1 startup problem
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg32952] Mathematica 4.1 startup problem
- From: esteschris at hotmail.com (Chris Estes)
- Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2002 02:07:06 -0500 (EST)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Hi All, I have a strange problem with Mathematica 220.127.116.11 (student edition) on Windows2000-- not a network edition. I've had it installed on my laptop with no problem (that I've noticed) for some time now. The other day, I was on a plane and wanted to do some work with it, and it wouldn't start up at all. When I started it, the splash screen came up and then everything disappeared. If I double clicked on a .nb file, the same thing. Back at the office, no problem. At home - no problem. As it turns out, at home and office, I'm plugged into a LAN. As long as I'm plugged in, it starts up just fine... Apparently, Mathematica is checking to see if I'm on a network, even thought it's not using the network for anything (that I know of!). Any thoughts? Thanks!