Re: Mathematica 4.1 startup problem

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg32963] Re: Mathematica 4.1 startup problem
  • From: Albert Retey <albert.retey at visualanalysis.com>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2002 01:48:44 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi,

I don't know about Windows 2000, but I know that the mathid that Mathematica
uses to determine validity of your licence does depend on the installed
hardware for the linux version. This made the validity of my copy on a
linux laptop depend on whether the network card was installed or not
(PCMCIA card). Anyway, it gave me a correct error message about invalid
licences and I could fix it by getting an additional password from WRI
for the other MathID and put both of them in the corresponding files...

HTH

Albert