Mathematica have an 'Assume' type syntax/command?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg33057] Mathematica have an 'Assume' type syntax/command?
- From: "Flip Flippy" <flip at safebunch.com>
- Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 00:48:28 -0500 (EST)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Hi All, I saw this on sci.math and was wondering how an 'assume' type function can be done in Mathematica. Does one exist, or is there a way to emulate one? Here was the problem. After running the following code in maple: assume(n>0,n,integer); int(x^2*(sin(n*Pi*x/a))^2,x=0..a); Any thoughts? Thank you, Flip -- Posted via Mailgate.ORG Server - http://www.Mailgate.ORG