working with Bessel functions which yield large complex numbers
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg33056] working with Bessel functions which yield large complex numbers
- From: romoscanu at imes.mavt.ethz.ch (Ioan Alexandre Romoscanu)
- Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 00:48:24 -0500 (EST)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
I have a numerical problem with Mathematica, maybe someone has a hint.
The fact is that I can't got numerical values for the expression
where the letters are Bessel funtions.
The formula cannot be simplyfied any further. The ratio above itself
has reasonable values, but the functions themselves have huge complex
values, so that their product exceeds $MaxMachineNumber, but not
Is there anything to do in order to increase internal precision when
dealing with large numbers?
Thanks for any hint
Prev by Date:
Re: books about differential geometry
Next by Date:
Previous by thread:
Finding pattern Matched series
Next by thread: