working with Bessel functions which yield large complex numbers
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg33056] working with Bessel functions which yield large complex numbers
- From: romoscanu at imes.mavt.ethz.ch (Ioan Alexandre Romoscanu)
- Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 00:48:24 -0500 (EST)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Hello I have a numerical problem with Mathematica, maybe someone has a hint. The fact is that I can't got numerical values for the expression (f*g+h*i)/(s*t+u*v) where the letters are Bessel funtions. The formula cannot be simplyfied any further. The ratio above itself has reasonable values, but the functions themselves have huge complex values, so that their product exceeds $MaxMachineNumber, but not $MaxNumber. Is there anything to do in order to increase internal precision when dealing with large numbers? Thanks for any hint Ioan.