- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg33055] Large Files
- From: Erich Mueller <emueller at pacific.mps.ohio-state.edu>
- Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 00:48:21 -0500 (EST)
- Organization: Ohio State University
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
I performed a rather large calculation, and saved the results in a file
using the construction
This file is about 1 gigabyte.
Today I wanted to do some extra analysis of the results, so I started a
new notebook and typed
The kernel choked on this and I receive a message:
No more memory available.
Mathematica kernel has shut down.
Try quitting other applications and then retry.
Any advice on how to access all of this nice saved data? I can always
rerun my calculation, and save the results in more managable chunks, but
it is rather inconvenient, and will take up a couple of days.
I am running Mathematica version 4.1 on windows 98: pentium 3-500 with
320 megs of ram.
Prev by Date:
Next by Date:
Previous by thread:
working with Bessel functions which yield large complex numbers
Next by thread: