  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg32319] What if the symbol doesn't exist?
  • From: "Vinh N. Pham" <software_mail at netzero.net>
  • Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2002 21:32:38 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi,
    I'm trying to use a symbol (the script E, not capital E) but I can't
find it anywhere on on the list of symbols.  I guess that it doesn't exist
as defaults in Mathematica 4.  Are there any ways I can install new symbols?
    On a separate issue, are there any ways I can I can use a variable with
subscript?  For example x with subscript y mean one variable not
Subscript[x,y]

Thanks,

Vinh