What if the symbol doesn't exist?

Hi,
    I'm trying to use a symbol (the script E, not capital E) but I can't
find it anywhere on on the list of symbols.  I guess that it doesn't exist
as defaults in Mathematica 4.  Are there any ways I can install new symbols?
    On a separate issue, are there any ways I can I can use a variable with
subscript?  For example x with subscript y mean one variable not
Subscript[x,y]

Thanks,

Vinh