Re: When does x/x not equal 1?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg32422] Re: When does x/x not equal 1?
- From: "Bart van der Wolf" <bvdwolf at nospam.nl>
- Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2002 19:03:18 -0500 (EST)
- References: <email@example.com>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
"Michael J Person" <mjperson at mit.edu> wrote in message news:a2b4ib$lja$1 at smc.vnet.net... SNIP > They're handled exactly the same way! So, can anyone explain to me > what's going on here, and how I can keep very small complex numbers from > arising in all of those cases when x/x != 1. Chop[expr] replaces approximate real numbers in expr that are close to zero by the exact integer 0. Does that help? Bart